I. In the following sentences supply the articles (a, an or the) if they are necessary. If no article is necessary, write Ø.
1. Jason’s father bought him a bicycle that he had wanted for his birthday.
2. The Statue of Liberty was a gift of friendship from Ø France to Ø United States.
3. Rita is studying an English and a math this semester.
4. The judged asked a witness to tell the truth.
5. Please give me a cup of Ø coffee with Ø cream and a sugar.
6. The big books on the table are for my history class.
7. When you go to the store, please buy a bottle of Ø chocolate milk and a dozen oranges.
8. There are only the seats left for a tonight’s musical at the University.
9. John and Mercy went to Ø school yesterday and then studied in the library before returning home.
10. What did you eat for the breakfast this morning?
11. Rita plays a violin and her sister plays a guitar.
12. While we were in Ø Alaska, we saw the Eskimo village.
13. a chair that you are sitting is broken.
14. On our trip to Ø Spain, we crossed the Atlantic Ocean.
15. Phil cannot go to the movies tonight because he has to write an essay.
II. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate form of other.
1. This pen isn’t working. Please give me another one
2. If you’re still thirsty, I’ll make other pot of coffee.
3. This dictionary has a page missing. Please give me the others
4. He doesn’t need those books. He needs the other
5. There are thirty people in the room. Twenty are from Latin America and the others are from other countries.
6. Six people are in the store. Two were buying meat. The other was looking at magazines. The others one was eating a candy bar. The other one were walking around looking for more food.
7. This glass of milk is sour. others glass of milk is sour too.
8. The army was practicing its drills. One group was doing artillery practice. other was marching; another was at attention; and the others was practicing combat tactics.
9. There are seven students from Japan. The other are from Iran, and another are from the other places.
10. We looked at cars today. The first two we far too expensive, but the other ones were reasonably priced.